- Assessing Students’ Problem Solving Ability and Cognitive Regulation with Learning Trajectories
Ron Stevens, Carole R. Beal, Marcia Sprang (2013)
International Handbook of Metacognition and Learning Technologies: (pp409-423) Springer New York. DOI: 10.1007/978-1-4419-5546-3_27
- Improving Students' Problem Solving in a Web-Based Chemistry Simulation Through Embedded Metacognitive Messages
Beal, C and Stevens, R. H.
Tech., Inst., Cognition and Learning, © 2011 Old City Publishing, Inc
- Effect of Cooperative Problem-Based Lab Instruction on Metacognition and Problem-Solving Skills
Santiago Sandi-Urena, Melanie Cooper, and Ron Stevens
Publication Date (Web): April 9, 2012 (Chemical Education Research) DOI: 10.1021/ed1011844
- Measuring Complex Features of Science Instruction: Developing Tools To Investigate the Link Between Teaching and Learning.
Thadani, V., Stevens, R. H., & Tao, A.
Journal of the Learning Sciences Vol. 18(2), pp 285-322.
- Tracking the Development of Problem Solving Skills with Learning Trajectories
Stevens, R. H., Beal, C., & Sprang, M. (2009)
Proceedings of the 17th International Conference on Computers in Education Hong Kong: Asia-Pacific Society for Computers in Education. November 30 - December 04, 2009, Hong Kong.
- A Value-Based Approach for Quantifying Student's Scientific Problem Solving Efficiency and Effectiveness Within and Across Educational Systems
Ron Stevens, Ph.D., IMMEX Project, UCLA
- Advancements in curriculum and assessment by the use of IMMEX technology in the organic laboratory
Charles T. Cox Jr., Dept. of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Georgia Institute of Technology, Melanie M. Cooper, Rebecca Pease, Krystal Buchanan, Laura Hernandez-Cruz, Dept. of Chemistry, Clemson University, Ron Stevens, IMMEX Project/UCLA, John Picione, Thomas Holme, Dept. of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Wisconsin
Chem. Educ. Res. Pract., 2008, 9, 25–34, © The Royal Society of Chemistry 2008
- An Assessment of the Effect of Collaborative Groups on Students' Problem-Solving Strategies and Abilities
Melanie M. Cooper, Charles T. Cox, Jr., Minory Nammouz, and Edward Case, Department of Chemistry, Clemson University, Ronald Stevens, UCLA Interactive MultiMedia Exercises Project
Journal of Chemical Education, Vol. 85 No. 6 June 2008
- Reliable multi method assessment of metacognition use in chemistry problem solving
Melanie M. Cooper, Santiago Sandi-Urenab, 259 Hunter Laboratories, Chemistry Department, Clemson University, Ron Stevens, The IMMEX Project
Chem. Educ. Res. Pract., 2008, 9, 18–24, © The Royal Society of Chemistry 2008
- Is Collaborative Grouping an Effective Instructional Strategy?: Using IMMEX to Find New Answers to an Old Question
Case, E.; Stevens, R. H.; & Cooper, M.
Journal of College Science Teaching, v36 n6 p42-47 May, 2007
- Quantifying Student's Scientific Problem Solving Efficiency and Effectiveness
Ronald H. Stevens, UCLA IMMEX Project, Culver City, CA, USA, VANDANA THADANI, Loyola Marymount University, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Tech., Inst., Cognition and Learning, Vol. 5, pp. 325-337. © 2007 Old City Publishing, Inc.
- Applications of Stochastic Analyses for Collaborative Learning and Cognitive Assessment
Amy Soller, Ron Stevens – UCLA
April 2007, IDA Document D-3421, Log: H 07-000947
- A Bayesian Network Approach for Modeling the Influence of Contextual Variables on Scientific Problem Solving
Ronald H. Stevens, IMMEX Project, UCLA, Vandana Thadani, Dept of Psychology, Loyola Marymount University, CA, M. Ikeda, K. Ashley, and T.-W. Chan(Eds.)
ITS 2006, LNCS 4053, pp.71-84, 2006. © Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2006
- Assessing Problem-solving Strategies in Chemistry Using the IMMEX System
Melanie Cooper, Clemson University, Ron Stevens, University of California, Los Angeles, Thomas Holme, University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee
Proceedings of the National STEM Assessment Conference 2006, pp.118-129.
- Probabilities and Predictions: Modeling the Development of Scientific Problem Solving Skills
Stevens, R., Johnson, D., and Soller, A.
Cell Biology Education Vol. 4, 42–57, Spring 2005.
- Extending an Online Individual ScientificProblem-Solving Environment to Support and Mediate Collaborative Learning
Alessandra GIORDANI, Luca GEROSA, Dipartimento di Informatica e Telecomunicazioni, Università di Trento, Amy SOLLER, Ron STEVENS, IMMEX Project, UCLA
AIED 05 Workshop 6, Amsterdam 18-22 July, 2005
- Machine learning models of problem space navigation: the influence of gender
Ron Stevens, Amy Soller, IMMEX Project, UCLA
ComSIS Vol.2, No.2, December 2005
- Developing a Framework for Integrating Prior Problem Solving and Knowledge Sharing Histories of a Group to Predict Future Group Performance
Ron Stevens, Amy Soller, IMMEX Project, UCLA, Alessandra Giordani, Luca Gerosa, Dipartimento di Informatica e Telecomunicazioni, Università di Trento, Melanie Cooper, Charlie Cox, Department of Chemistry, Clemson University, Clemson
1-4244-0030-9/05/$20.00 ©2005 IEEE
- Modeling the Development of Problem Solving Skills in Chemistry with a Web-Based Tutor
Stevens, R., Soller, A., Cooper, M., and Sprang, M.
Intelligent Tutoring Systems, Lester, Vicari, & Paraguaca (Eds). Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg, Germany. 7th International Conference Proceedings (pp. 580-591). 2004
- Strategic Collaboration Support in a Web-based Scientific Inquiry Environment.
Alessandra Giordani, and Amy Soller.
European Conference on Artificial Intelligence, Workshop on Artificial Intelligence in Computer Supported Collaborative Learning, Valencia, Spain. 2004
- Symmetric Synchronous Collaborative Navigation
Luca Gerosa, Alessandra Giordani, Marco Ronchetti, Dipartimento di Informatica e Telecomunicazioni, Università di Trento, Amy Soller, Irst-ITC, Ron Stevens, UCLA/IMMEX Lab
Proceedings of the 2004 IADIS International WWW/Internet Conference, Madrid, Spain.
- Modeling the Development of Problem Solving Skills in Chemistry with a Web-Based Tutor
Ron Stevens, IMMEX Project, UCLA, Amy Soller, ITC-IRST, Melanie Cooper, Department of Chemistry, Clemson University and Marcia Sprang, Placentia-Yorba Linda Unified School District, California
J.C. Lester et al. (Eds.): ITS 2004, LNCS 3220, pp. 580–591, 2004. © Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2004
- Design and Performance Frameworks for Constructing Problem-Solving Simulations.
Ron Stevens, Ph.D., Professor, Microbiology and Education, UCLA; Director of the IMMEX Project, Joycelin Palacio-Cayetano, Ph.D., Outreach Director, UCLA IMMEX Project
Cell Biology Education, September 2003
- Developing Teacher's Decision Making Strategies for Effective Technology Integration: A Simulation Design Framework
Ron Stevens, Ph.D. UCLA, Director of the IMMEX Project, Sara Dexter, Ed.D. University of Minnesota, Director of eTIPS Project
2003 Symposium Presentation, AERA National Meeting, April 2003; Division K: Teaching and Teacher Education; PT3 National Initiatives: Facilitating Change in Assessment and Accountability for 21st Century Teacher Quality
- Affecting U.S. Education Through Assessment: New Tools to Discover Student Understanding.
Vendlinski, T. P.
Disseration in Technology Management and Policy (Education). Cambridge: Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- Neural Network Helps Physicians Understand How Children Manage Asthma
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunology 2001; 87:230-237.
- Practice Makes Perfect - Assessing and Enhancing Knowledge and Problem-Solving Skills with IMMEX Software.
Underdahl, J., Palacio-Cayetano, J., and Stevens, R.
ISTE Learning & Leading with Technology, April 2001. pp 26-31
- How Teachers Use IMMEX in the Classroom
Chen, Eva J.; Chung, Gregory K. W. K.; Klein, Davina C. D.; deVries, Linda F.; Burnam, Bruce. 2001
- Artificial Neural Network-Based Performance Assessments Using Simulations
Stevens, R. (Presenter); Casillas, A. and Vendlinski, T. 2001
- Problem-solving Skills Among Pre-College Students in Clinical Immunology and Microbiology: Classifying Strategies with a Rubric and Artificial Neural Network Technology
Kanowith-Klein, S., Stave, M.; Stevens, R. and Casillas, A.
Microbiology Education, submitted for review September, 2000
- Exploring Alternative Models of Complex Patient Management with Artificial Neural Networks
Casillas, A.; Clyman, S.; Fan, Y.; Stevens, R.
Advances in Health Sciences Education 5: 23-41, 2000
- The Use of Artificial Neural Nets (ANN) to Help Evaluate Student Problem Solving Strategies
Vendlinski, T.; Stevens, R.
Proceedings of the Fourth International Conference of the Learning Sciences, Mahwah, NJ; 108-114, 2000
- Computer-Assisted Evaluation - The Next Generation
Palacio-Cayetano, J.; Allen, R. D.; Stevens, R. H.
The American Biology Teacher 61(7), 514-522, 1999
- UCLA's Outreach Program of Science Education in the Los Angeles Schools
Palacio-Cayetano, J.; Kanowith-Klein, S.; and Stevens, R.
Academic Medicine, 74(4): 348-351, 1999
- Artificial Neural Network-Based Performance Assessments
Stevens, R.; Ikeda, J.; Casillas, A.; Palacio-Cayetano, J.; Clyman, S.
Computers in Human Behavior, 15: 295-313, 1999
- Sleuthing for Science
Kanowith-Klein, S.; Burch, C.; Stevens, R.
Journal of Staff Development, 19(3): 48-53, 1998
- Exploring the Dynamics of Complex Problem-Solving with Artificial Neural Network-Based Assessment Systems
Hurst, K.; Casillas, A.; Stevens, R.
CSE Technical Report No. 387, National Center for Research on Evaluation, Standards, and Student Testing, University of California Los Angeles, 1998
- An Artificial Neural Network-Based Model for Clinical Performance Assessment
Casillas, A.; Clyman, S.; Fan, Y.; Stevens, R
Proceedings of the 8th International Ottawa Conference, July, 1998